- Every year, nearly four million cats are eaten in Asia.
- On average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. That means a
nine-year-old cat has been awake for only three years of its
- Unlike dogs, cats do not have a sweet tooth. Scientists believe
this is due to a mutation in a key taste receptor.
- When a cat chases its prey, it keeps its head level.
- The technical term for a cat’s hairball is a “bezoar.”
- A group of cats is called a “clowder.”
- Female cats tend to be right pawed, while male cats are more
often left pawed. Interestingly, while 90% of humans are right
handed, the remaining 10% of lefties also tend to be male.
Read more >
- A cat can’t climb headfirst down a tree because every claw on a
cat’s paw points the same way. To get down from a tree, a c…