|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Voice Actor||Jun Fukuyama (Japanese)
Jay Hickman (English)
A small cat owned by the monk in charge of the temple whose statue was broken by Junpei, and an acquaintance of Nyamsus who also brings requests to him. He goes about the neighborhood and tells the other cats around about Junpei, which is part of the reason why the local cats know so much about him. He is an extremely rare male calico cat.
Tama makes Junpei life a living miserable because he is the one who mostly tells all the cats about Junpei having to atone for what he did to the cat statue of Jizou. He pokes fun at Junpei at times and tries to be comical towards him.
- There is a calico cat name Tama (but it is a female), who is the station master at Kishi Station in Kinokawa, Wakayama Prefecture, Japan.
- "Calico" refers only to a color pattern on the fur, not to a breed.
- Male calico is 1 in 3,000, so Tama is definitely rare.
- Calico believed to bring good luck in the folklore of many cultures.
- In the United States, these are sometimes referred to as money cats.
- The Japanese Maneki Neko figurine is almost always a calico cat.
- A cat of the calico coloration is also the state cat of Maryland in the United States.